The Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program Competition has been posted to the FY 2019 CoC Program Competition: Funding Availability page on the HUD Exchange. Additional resources are available on the e-snaps page on the HUD Exchange.
The CoC Application, CoC Priority Listing, and Project Applications will be available the week of July 8, 2019 in e-snaps. Collaborative Applicants and project applicants will be able to access the applications to review, update, and enter information that is required for the application process.
Submission Deadline: Monday, September 30, 2019 at 8:00 PM EDT
- Returning project applicants can choose to import the FY 2018 renewal project application responses; however, this must be requested during your registration of the Renewal Funding Opportunity in e-snaps and is only available if you submitted a renewal project application in last year’s FY 2018 CoC Program Competition. Imported responses should be carefully reviewed to ensure accuracy and that the information is a true representation of the project activities.
- First-time renewal projects must complete the entire renewal project application.
- New project applications must be completed in full and in line with the new project application components permitted in this year’s competition
- CoC planning and UFA Costs applications will only be reviewed if submitted by the CoC’s designated Collaborative Applicant identified in the CoC Applicant Profile in e-snaps.
- Dedicated HMIS projects, renewal and new, can only be submitted by the CoC’s designated HMIS Lead as identified in the CoC Applicant Profile in e-snaps.
- The CoC Application and CoC Priority Listing with all project applications accepted and ranked or rejected are separate submissions in e-snaps. Collaborative Applicants must submit both parts of the CoC Consolidated Application by the application submission deadline for HUD to consider the CoC Consolidated Application to be complete.
- The CoC Competition Report, and instructions on how to access the report, that includes data reported in the Homelessness Data Exchange (HDX) is available for use by Collaborative Applicants to complete portions of the FY 2019 CoC Application.
What’s New for the FY 2019 CoC Program Competition
The list below highlights some important information regarding new concepts CoCs should consider while planning for the FY 2019 CoC Program Competition. This list is not exhaustive and additional details are in the NOFA.
- Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) Renewals. Many of the YHDP projects awarded in FY 2016 are due for first-time renewal in the FY 2019 CoC Program Competition. See Section II.B.6 of the NOFA for additional details.
- Expansion Projects. The application submission process for renewal projects that want to submit a new expansion project has changed. See Section III.C.2.j of the NOFA for additional details.
- Domestic Violence (DV) Bonus Projects. There is another up to $50 million available for new DV Bonus projects (Section III.B.2.c of the NOFA) and many of the DV Bonus projects awarded in last year’s FY 2018 CoC Program Competition are eligible for renewal.
- CoC Bonus. The CoC Bonus is calculated differently in FY 2019. As stated in Section III.C.2.c of the NOFA, “…CoC is eligible to apply for up to 5 percent of its Final Pro Rata Need (FPRN), or 25 percent of the CoC’s Preliminary Pro Rata Need (PPRN) minus its Annual Renewal Demand (ARD), whichever is greater. To be eligible to receive a bonus project, a CoC must demonstrate that it ranks projects based on how they improve system performance as outlined in Section VII.B.1.a of this NOFA. The available amount per CoC can be found on the CoC Estimated ARD Report on the HUD Exchange.
HUD has posted, or will post, additional guidance regarding the FY 2019 CoC Program Competition that includes, but is not limited to:
- FY 2019 CoC Estimated ARD Report
- CoC Program Competition Report (HDX)
- PHA Crosswalk
Available in the coming weeks:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Detailed Instructions and Navigational Guides
- CoC Application
- CoC Priority Listing
- Project Applications
See the e-snaps: CoC Program Applications and Grants Management System and the FY 2019 CoC Program Competition: Funding Availability pages on the HUD Exchange for a complete listing of information and guidance.
If you have questions pertaining to e-snaps technical issues or the FY 2019 CoC Program Competition, submit your questions to the e-snaps Ask A Question (AAQ) portal. To submit a question to the e-snaps AAQ portal, select “e-snaps” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
If you have questions related to the CoC Program interim rule or a policy related question, submit your questions to the CoC Program AAQ portal. To submit a question to the CoC AAQ portal, select “CoC: Continuum of Care Program” from the “My question is related to” dropdown list on Step 2 of the question submission process.
If you are aware or suspect that the Collaborative Applicant for your CoC is not currently receiving these listserv messages, please forward the following link so the Collaborative Applicant can register to receive listserv messages as this is the only form HUD uses to communicate CoC Program information to the public: https://www.hudexchange.info/mailinglist/.
If you are interesting in applying, please contact Jennifer Young at email@example.com.
**All project applications are due to the CoC by August 30, 2019, in compliance with this NOFA**