The quarterly meeting of the Brazos Valley Coalition for the Homeless is Tuesday, November 8, 2016. Any and all are invited and lunch will be provided. Below are the minutes from the August meeting. See everyone there!
Regular Meeting: Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, August 9, 2016
11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Twin City Mission
2505 S. College Ave.
Bryan, TX 77801
Welcome: Meeting called to order at 11:40 am by Ella McGruder. Introduction of members present.
- Approval of Minutes from Tuesday, May 10, 2016, Regular Meeting: Motion made by Sandra Hoelscher. Seconded by Karla Flanagan. Motion passed.
- Presentation: LGBTQ Homeless Population – Aaron Kitchens, Brazos Valley Food Bank
- See attached presentation
- Pride Community Center: local resource
- Texas Workforce Commission-discrimination
- Presentation: BVCH Committees/Governance Charter – Sandra Hoelscher
- See attached presentation
- B/CS Brazos County Continuum of Care Charter: sets out the composition, roles, responsibilities and committee structure of the CoC
- Everyone is encouraged to be on a committee to help the Coalition move forward in ending homelessness in our community
- CoC Projects Committee: Alsie Bond (Sam Gaster)
- CoC Engagement (formerly Membership/Public Awareness): Brian Pisacek
- CoC Coordination (formerly Education): Ella McGruder (Jennifer Young, Raquel Masco, Gayla Banks)
- Discharge Planning Committee: Need committee chair and committee to write plan; MOU exists for partnering agencies to sign (Amy Hamilton-Foster, Angie Shell, Officer Jim Berndt, Candace Kelley)
- Coordinated Access (CAS)/Outreach: Sandra Hoelscher (Raquel Masco)
- Technology/Point In Time: Sandra Hoelscher
- Trafficking, Exploitation, Slavery, LGBTQ: Raquel Masco
- BVCH By-Laws: Update – Sandra Hoelscher
- States what we do, who is responsible, and how the Coalition conducts businessSandra Hoelscher distributed and discussed all of the following. All information can be found at www.bvch.org
- Outreach Plan – Sandra Hoelscher
- Use information from PIT count and outreach to clients found
- Action Plan– Sandra Hoelscher
- Committees need to report committee action items to Sandra for the Action Plan
- Policies & Procedures – Sandra Hoelscher
- Performance Measures – Sandra Hoelscher
- Discharge Planning – Sandra HoelscherTJ Robie made a motion that we accept all provided materials. Ron Crozier seconded. Motion passed.
- Committee Break-Out
- Other Business
- Point In Time Count: January 26, 2017
- Section 8 will be opening up vouchers in October
- Homelessness is currently not a preference on the housing list; 5 points are lost on the CoC application because it is not a preference
- Adjourn: TJ Robie made a motion. Sara Mendez seconded the motion. Motion passed. * Thank you to the City of Bryan for lunch!!Next Regular Meeting Date: Tuesday, November 8, 2016